CRX - Content Application Platform
Building state-of-the-art composite content applications today requires an unprecedented openness and connectivity into the existing environment to fully leverage existing data sources and process investment. Adobe's open, standards-based Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform, CRX, is built on a modern architecture and is a highly scalable content repository.
CRX natively manages all content as defined in the Content Repository for Java Technology API Version 2.0 specification - also known as JCR 2.0. This programming interface - defined by the ECM industry - provides developers with a stable and well-defined, yet extensible content and query model that protects past and future investments.
10 minute tutorial presenting CRX from Adobe.
Open Content Architecture
Content managed within or through CRX is automatically made available to consume over these standard interfaces:
- Java Content Repository API 1.0 (JSR-170) and 2.0 (JSR-283)
- Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS)
- WebDAV incl. versioning, access control & search
- CIFS & SMB to act as Network File Share
- RESTful Web API to build JS-based content applications
- LDAP and JAAS for user provisioning
- Remoting with RMI and HTTP over DavEx
- Mounted content from 3rd party repositories via their native interface e.g. Microsoft SharePoint
Using CRX, content is easily made available. This core benefit empowers companies to avoid content lock-in within legacy repositories and open up their content to additional revenue streams.
Reacting to rapidly changing demands and requirements restructuring is essential in today's IT world. CRX is designed with maximal deployment and development flexibility in mind.
CRX is a high performance content store driven by a small footprint runtime using hot-join clustering to extend capacity and distribute load. CRX does not rely on a relational database (RDBMS), instead stores the content highly optimized in the JCR content model.
Composite Application Builder Included
Rapid composite content application development requires a proven tool kit and technologies known in the development community.
More about Java Content Repository Standard
- Download CRX Developer Edition 2.2
- Request a developer's license - it's free!
- Try the bookstore example yourself (as seen in the screencast above)
- Learn how flexible the JCR content model is
- Build your own composite content application